For the long MLK weekend I was in Vegas for a few days- such a blast! Every time I go to Vegas I always find myself exploring and finding new, exciting things to try- whether it be restaurants, shopping experiences, clubs or a great bar, Vegas never seems to disappoint. Regardless of if you are the 5th member of the infamous Wolfpack from the Hangover or if you’re a foodie looking for that perfect restaurant, Vegas has it all.
I’ve been to Vegas roughly 5 times in the past few years (a lot of my friends turned 21, okay?) and I’ll be sharing some of my favorite eats, clubs, hotels and other Vegas insights.
1. The Henry (Cosmo)- go for brunch and order the French Toast (or go there at 4 am and order the truffle tater tots)
2. Stack (Mirage)- save room for the Jelly Doughnuts for dessert
3. Todd English Pub (Aria)-sliders…
1. Vdara- my ABSOLUTE favorite hotel on the strip. Located in City Center with Suite style rooms you have the most amazing views. Another perk about the Vdara is there is no casino inside the hotel (yay to no smoke!). Centrally located & great service. I love this hotel, I wouldn’t recommend any where else!
1. Surrender (Wynn)
2. Hakkasan (MGM)
3. Marquee (Cosmopolitan)
The club scene is generally going to be pretty similar in my mind- I always enjoy places that play good music and have some outside area. If you have a club promoter you are able to work with, do it! Most will waive your cover charge and you won’t have to wait in line.
The first time I went to Vegas I wish someone had given me a checklist of essentials to bring on the trip. For example, I didn’t realize what a dry climate Vegas or how much an ATM on the strip would charge me to get cash or how much walking there was to do in Vegas…. those big signs are quite deceptive. Here is a list of things I always bring with me:
1. Chapstick/ lipbalm
2. Pair of Nike Frees
4. WATER (buy it there at the walgreens near Planet Hollywood)
5. Crossbody bag
6. ID holder for Cards, ID & Cash (when you go out)
7. Airborne- the last thing you want is a cold to slow you down!
Hope this helps on your next trip to Sin City!!!